Bristol Big 'Uns Games Club play Warhammer and other Games Workshop Games: Click to Return Home Bristol Big 'Uns Games Club play Warhammer and other Games Workshop Games:  Orc's Head

Bristol Big 'Uns Games Workshop Warhammer Club: Contact SectionContact Bristol Big 'Uns Games Workshop Warhammer Club: Big Al Trophy SectionBig Al Trophy Bristol Big 'Uns Games Workshop Warhammer Club: Articles SectionThe Vault Bristol Big 'Uns Games Workshop Warhammer Club: Tournaments SectionTournaments Bristol Big 'Uns Games Workshop Warhammer Club: GalleryGallery Bristol Big 'Uns Games Workshop Warhammer Club: ForumForum  

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Arranging Games

Subject Topic: Introducing myself. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by JordanOfWessex on 10†March†2018 at 11:37pm - IP Logged
View JordanOfWessex's Profile Search for other posts by JordanOfWessex Quote JordanOfWessex Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
JordanOfWessex

United Kingdom
Hello, my name is Jordan. I attended the group last week and spectated a game of Warhammer 40K and a bit of War And Conquest. I havenít played tabletop war games in a long time and was made to feel welcome by all that were in attendance that evening so look forward to coming again.

The only game I currently play is 1st edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, but am interested in learning to play any of the following; Saga, War and Conquest, A Very British Civil War, and also reacquainting myself with Warhammer/40K and Games Workshops Middle Earth Games.

My previous experience of games is with Warhammer 40K (3rd edition), Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game (West End Games 2nd edition), Star Wars Miniatures, and The Lord Of The Rings Strategy Battle Game. I would also be happy to relearn these games if anyone fancies it.
Message posted by Magwr on 11†March†2018 at 4:53pm - IP Logged
View Magwr's Profile Search for other posts by Magwr Quote Magwr Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Magwr

United Kingdom
Hi Jordan,

Well, i've just started WAr & Conquest, am picking up an Early Imperial Roman Army this sunday off steve. So am quite keen to play WAC.

If you are interested in WAC check out the WAC weekend of 17th & 18th March. Might be worth coming along for the saturday as you might be able to get a game. There is a fee for this weekend [you can purchase a day ticket off Rob's scarab miniatures website. The fee includes food as well.

link

http://scarabminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=57&zenid=50juq7bv7vh7hoa561lc9lt8l2

I used to play Advanced dungeosn and dragons many years ago, don't have any of it left as gave it all to my daughter.

Nige

-------------
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius
Message posted by robb on 11†March†2018 at 5:02pm - IP Logged
View robb's Profile Search for other posts by robb Visit robb's Homepage Quote robb Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
robb

United Kingdom
Hi Jordan it was nice to meet you last weekend and glad you enjoyed the war and conquest game. As mentioned we can sort out a game at some point and as Nigel mentioned there is always the war and conquest weekend certainly where we can find you a spare army. See you soon

-------------
Kind regards

Rob Broom
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk
Message posted by JordanOfWessex on 23†March†2018 at 10:50pm - IP Logged
View JordanOfWessex's Profile Search for other posts by JordanOfWessex Quote JordanOfWessex Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
JordanOfWessex

United Kingdom
Hi guys, sorry for the long delay in my reply. Iíve been really busy lately.
The WAC weekend sounds like it wouldíve been interesting, itís a shame I missed it.
Iíll be attending this Sunday, would it be possible to play a game of War and Conquest?

Jordan
Message posted by Lurkus Spleen on 23†March†2018 at 11:07pm - IP Logged
View Lurkus Spleen's Profile Search for other posts by Lurkus Spleen Quote Lurkus Spleen Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Lurkus Spleen

United Kingdom
Jordan pop over to are new forum (details and link in the club discussion section of this forum) as Robís looking for a game for this Sunday.

-------------
"if nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see use through". General Melchett, Blackadder Goes Forth.
Message posted by robb on 24†March†2018 at 11:05am - IP Logged
View robb's Profile Search for other posts by robb Visit robb's Homepage Quote robb Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
robb

United Kingdom
hi Jordan might be possible, jump over to the new forum, here
http://bristolbiguns.boardhost.com/index.php

sign up and we can sort something out - look for arranging games and the threads discussing games for 25th, Andy has a topic and so do i

cheers

Rob

-------------
Kind regards

Rob Broom
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk
Message posted by Magwr on 24†March†2018 at 11:35am - IP Logged
View Magwr's Profile Search for other posts by Magwr Quote Magwr Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Magwr

United Kingdom
Jordan,

I can't do a WaC this sunday as am playing in the HoTT campaign. But if you have any other dates you are coming to the club we should be able to hook up for a WaC game. I have early Imperial Romans.

I found 2,000 points made a good game that should fit into the time span of a sunday evening.

I've posted this on the new forum as well. Which is the one to be on from now.

Nige

-------------
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register