Bristol Big 'Uns Games Club play Warhammer and other Games Workshop Games: Click to Return Home Bristol Big 'Uns Games Club play Warhammer and other Games Workshop Games:  Orc's Head

Bristol Big 'Uns Games Workshop Warhammer Club: Contact SectionContact Bristol Big 'Uns Games Workshop Warhammer Club: Big Al Trophy SectionBig Al Trophy Bristol Big 'Uns Games Workshop Warhammer Club: Articles SectionThe Vault Bristol Big 'Uns Games Workshop Warhammer Club: Tournaments SectionTournaments Bristol Big 'Uns Games Workshop Warhammer Club: GalleryGallery Bristol Big 'Uns Games Workshop Warhammer Club: ForumForum  

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Arranging Games

Subject Topic: Games night Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ChrisH on 22 October 2017 at 1:56am - IP Logged
View ChrisH's Profile Search for other posts by ChrisH Quote ChrisH Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
ChrisH

United Kingdom
Now the show season drawing to a close looking for some club games.
Therefore looking to see if anyone interested in gaming the folowing

wings of War/Glory WW1 and WW2
Sails of Glory Napoleonic Naval
15mm ACW have both Union and Confederate, currently based for Whipping Bobby Lee rules but can be used for most sets as they all based the same
15mm 7Years War have Austrian and Prussian with a few French and British,all based for Volley and Bayonet, an operational level or grand Tactical system.
Board games, All Command and Colours Napoleonic
All Zombiecide and Zombicide Black Plague
Massive Darkness, dungeon crawler
Dungeon Saga, dungeon crawler

Any one fancy any a these drop me an answer and Ill arrange with you,
Only not available if at a show that Sunday.
Chris
Message posted by Mike W on 07 November 2017 at 3:17am - IP Logged
View Mike W's Profile Search for other posts by Mike W Quote Mike W Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Mike W

United Kingdom
Hi Chris,

What a great range of possibilities! Some of the rules I am not familiar with but ACW and 7YW are always tempting.

I would certainly be keen to play some WW2 WoW having seen previous games you have run which looked really good fun. As to know I also play WoW WW1 and have tried SoG and would be happy to do so again. Hopefully there will be others to take to the air or join the crew.

Currently I have nothing planned for 12th and 19th November although I guess you might be at Warfayre, and no club on the 26th which is Reveille. There's always December!

Cheers,

Mike

-------------
Mike W
Message posted by Lurkus Spleen on 07 November 2017 at 7:20am - IP Logged
View Lurkus Spleen's Profile Search for other posts by Lurkus Spleen Quote Lurkus Spleen Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Lurkus Spleen

United Kingdom
Hi Chris,
I'd be interested in giving Dungeon Saga ago,fully booked for November but free in December?
Cheers,Steve.

-------------
"if nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see use through". General Melchett, Blackadder Goes Forth.
Message posted by Alan Pag on 07 November 2017 at 8:27am - IP Logged
View Alan Pag's Profile Search for other posts by Alan Pag Quote Alan Pag Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Alan Pag

United Kingdom
Hi Chris

I know Command and Colours is highly thought of but have never played. Would be keen to give it a go.

Thanks

Alan
Message posted by ChrisH on 07 November 2017 at 11:01am - IP Logged
View ChrisH's Profile Search for other posts by ChrisH Quote ChrisH Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
ChrisH

United Kingdom
Hi Chaps, thanks for the replies

Mike am coming to the club 12 Nov and bringing along PSC new Battle of Britain game so will talk then to see which game you would like to try out first.

Steve quite happy to bring along Dungeon Saga in Dec to show and run through, I have Dungeon Saga plus all the current expansions although not all fully painted as yet, what Sunday in Dec is ok for you.

Alan have got all of Command and Colours Napoleonics as well as the Great War and Memoir 44 all of which are the same basic system, be happy to show any of them to you
Message posted by Lurkus Spleen on 07 November 2017 at 2:59pm - IP Logged
View Lurkus Spleen's Profile Search for other posts by Lurkus Spleen Quote Lurkus Spleen Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Lurkus Spleen

United Kingdom
Hi Chris,
How about the 17th then?

-------------
"if nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see use through". General Melchett, Blackadder Goes Forth.
Message posted by ChrisH on 08 November 2017 at 12:22am - IP Logged
ChrisH

United Kingdom
Ok Steve 17 Dec Dungeon Saga,
One evening should be enough to run through the first two tutorial scenarios plus the first basic, see you then.
Message posted by Lurkus Spleen on 08 November 2017 at 1:46am - IP Logged
Lurkus Spleen

United Kingdom
Cool,looking forward to it :0).

-------------
Message posted by Mike W on 08 November 2017 at 2:27am - IP Logged
View Mike W's Profile Search for other posts by Mike W Quote Mike W Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Mike W

United Kingdom
Hi Chris

Great. I have been reading about the new PSC game which looks very interesting.Tally Ho on the 12th!

Mike

-------------
Mike W
Message posted by Mike W on 13 November 2017 at 11:54am - IP Logged
Mike W

United Kingdom
Hi Chris,

Many thanks for a most enjoyable first game of Battle of Britain. Your clear and helpful explanation of the mechanics made it very easy to pick up. Shame the Luftwaffe were destined to all go down in flames.

I have pencilled in December 3rd for some WW2 WoW action. I see that Alan is also interested in Great War so if he wants to try that and the 3rd is suitable I would be very happy to change to Great War as I would be interested to see how it works. If not then I shall reach for the skies again.

Cheers,

Mike

-------------
Mike W

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register